Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Scatterlings.

It's Sunday. The first day after my blog opened. haha  Trying to make this writing thing part of my daily activities.

The littles are at church, hubby is STILL sleeping!  It's 10:42 AM and he's STILL sleeping. Yes, this gets on my nerves, a little, ok, a LOT.  We have things to do! The yard needs mowed, rocks need to be spread about the flower beds and crap needs to be cleaned up out of the side yard. Did I mention my hubby is a pack-rat? Oh, yea, all things combustible!  Cars, motorcycles, generators, large oil burning furnaces, more cars... ugh!  I know when I collect things, they are more practical things like shoes (you gotta have shoes, right?) Spare Christmas gifts (you never know when you're going to have an unexpected visitor or new friend during the holidays). Dishes and housewares (for my older boys that can't seem to keep up with their stuff when they move, so I keep extras packed in boxes for them!) I also collect food. Yes, food. My older boys can come over with their shopping bags, and pick out a week's worth of meals!

See, I have this worry in the pit of my stomach that we will have a hurricane that will knock out all of the 126 grocery stores and gas stations in the 5 mile neighborhood radius, and I have to feed my family! If I have no gas to get to the store, we're doomed! Or my husband will lose his job, and we'll have to scrounge for money to pay the mortgage and utilities, but at least we have FOOD!  Glorious food! (now I know why I have that jiggle!)  I also have this fear of the end of the world, but is a post for another day. Believe me, you don't want to get me started on THAT.  I am trying to keep the faith that we still have a future on this planet, and that I will get to see my littles graduate high school and go off to college (or technical school, that's ok, too.) Anyway, my ADD is kicking in again - hubby is STILL sleeping! It's 10:56 am -- I am going to lose it if he doesn't get up soon.

As time goes on, you will see some crazy things come out of my head, but for now, I am just going to try and keep my cool about this snoring husband of mine... it's 11:00! Damnit! Are you going to get up today! I should've taken myself out for breakfast, then maybe he'd realize he's missing out on a lot of fun things by sleeping it away! Oh wait - the lawn needs mowed first. (no wonder he's still sleeping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment